Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What Do You Think?

Talking with my teenage niece the other day and playing a little guitar, she mentioned how she enjoyed playing and writing music. Then she asked an interesting question. “Uncle Allen, do you think God expects us to use the gifts He has given us in our jobs and our church?”

My answer was, Yes, why would He give you a gift if He didn’t expect you to Glorify Him in your life with it. Then I started to think about it…Yes, absolutely yes, and so I should be…what exactly? Well, perhaps using the gifts He has given me to glorify Him with my life.

That caused me to take some inventory. What exactly has He gifted me with? Which gifts have I given back to Him, and which gifts have I excused myself from using for His glory?

It’s an odd dynamic, but the more I give to Him, the more He blesses me with.
Stay tuned, more to come.

4 comments:

Josiah said...

hey uncle allen .. nice to see ur blog. i'm blessed to visit here too ! i'm 16 years old, playing guitar in the youth work. So i'm still learning too ~ YES ! He gave us the gift and expects us to glorify His name ! AMEN ! do u mind exchange our links ? i hope my viewers will visit ur blog too ! i believe they will be blessed too ~ www.the-newbreed.blogspot.com

Carla said...

Sometimes it can be scary stepping out to use our gifts for Him. But what you wrote is so true. The more we give him, the more he blesses us. Thanks for the encouragement!

Allen said...

TheNewBreed - I just checked out your Blog. It looks like a fantastic fellowship there. I'm excited for you. I'll add your Blog Link as soon as I get home tonight.

Carla - It's amazing how much He chooses to trust us with. I'm praying that some of our rain can come your way.

Josiah said...

hey uncle allen, i've updated new post. hope u will be blessed =)